This foundation level of the course is compulsory for all students, and offers cultural and social overviews of end of life, death, funeral practices, and why advance planning is an essential aspect of End of Life Consultant work.
Tier 1: Introduction to End of Life Consultant, Doula and Advance Planning Work
Each module of the course is comprised of videos with course content and downloadable readings. Written work is built-in to each module and is optional, however all students are encouraged to complete the written and reflection work.
Any student who wishes to complete the course to micro-credential level will need to complete and return the written components via email.
- Introduction: Acknowledgement of Traditional Owners, course overview and contributors
- Lexicon: General
- Lexicon: Dying I and II
- First Nation Australian perspectives on death, dying and body disposal, + Ian’s lived experience growing up in two cultures
- Lexicon: Identity
- Introduction to Cultural Competency and Cultural Safety
- The End of Life Work Spectrum: Roles and purviews
- Lexicon: Concepts I and II
- Introduction to Death Literacy
- Lexicon: Language and Tone
- Advance Planning
- Introduction to Compassionate Communities
- Wrap-up of Tier1, summary of written work for Micro-credential level, summary of Tier 2 content